Youth skilling for work readiness: Youth empowerment
Laccodef with support from ChildFund has been promoting youth integrated empowerment through skills development and decision making participation in their communities. Youth are carefully identified through participatory approaches and given career guidance sessions. Youth who qualify for non-formal vocational training are attached to artisans for training and mentorship in courses of their choice. The other category who qualify for formal training are attached to institutions for certificate and diploma courses. Since 2018, 160 youth in Lango have been attached and skilled in various short courses including agriculture, motor vehicle mechanics, beauty and saloon, metal fabrication, tailoring among others. These youth have been prepared and equipped with tools to kick start their enterprises, earn a living and support their families.
Exhibitions plans (Household economic strengthening)
We intend to exhibit the following items:
- Livelihood strengthening activities in pictures (printed out, A3 size) focusing on Agri-livelihood activities (farming as a business), micro grants, and youth skilling.
- Actual products of farming and micro enterprises (sample of poultry, ready for harvesting soya bean plants, ready soya).
- Groups environmentally friendly income generating items (Energy saving stoves, tree seedlings) Youth groups income generating items ( key holders made out of beads, money purses made out of local materials, sweaters)
- A brochure/leaflet on household economic strengthening achievements since 2019
- Visibility materials like pull up banners and a tear drop.